From Molecules To Networks( from 245 reviews )
AuthorJohn H Byrne Ruth Heidelberger M Neal Waxham
Publication date07 July 2014
UNLIMITED BOOKS, ALL IN ONE PLACE. FREE TO TRY 30 DAYS. SUBSCRIBE TO READ OR DOWNLOAD EBOOK FOR FREE. START YOUR FREE MONTH NOW!
eBook includes PDF, ePub, Mobi, Tuebl and Kindle version
FREE registration for 1 month TRIAL Account. DOWNLOAD as many books as you like (Personal use). CANCEL the membership at ANY TIME if not satisfied. Join Over 550.000 Happy Readers.
All secure, we guaranted 100% privacy and your information is safe
Recent Activity Loading...
From Molecules To Networks
John H Byrne Ruth Heidelberger M Neal Waxham
07 July 2014
An understanding of the nervous system at virtually any level of analysis requires an understanding of its basic building block, the neuron. The third edition of From Molecules to Networks provides the solid foundation of the morphological, biochemical, and biophysical properties of nerve cells. In keeping with previous editions, the unique content focus on cellular and molecular neurobiology and related computational neuroscience is maintained and enhanced.
All chapters have been thoroughly revised for this third edition to reflect the significant advances of the past five years. The new edition expands on the network aspects of cellular neurobiology by adding new coverage of specific research methods (e.g., patch-clamp electrophysiology, including applications for ion channel function and transmitter release; ligand binding; structural methods such as x-ray crystallography).
Written and edited by leading experts in the field, the third edition completely and comprehensively updates all chapters of this unique textbook and insures that all references to primary research represent the latest results.
* The first treatment of cellular and molecular neuroscience that includes an introduction to mathematical modeling and simulation approaches
* 80% updated and new content
* New Chapter on "Biophysics of Voltage-Gated Ion Channels"
* New Chapter on "Synaptic Plasticity"
* Includes a chapter on the Neurobiology of Disease
* Highly referenced, comprehensive and quantitative
* Full color, professional graphics throughout
* All graphics are available in electronic version for teaching purposes