Foodomics( from 245 reviews )
PublisherJohn Wiley Sons
Publication date05 February 2013
eBook includes PDF, ePub, Mobi, Tuebl and Kindle version
FREE registration for 1 month TRIAL Account. DOWNLOAD as many books as you like (Personal use). CANCEL the membership at ANY TIME if not satisfied. Join Over 150.000 Happy Readers.
All secure, we guaranted 100% privacy and your information is safe
Loading activity ...
Provides the latest "-omics" tools to advance the study of food and nutrition
The rapidly emerging field of foodomics examines food and nutrition by applying advanced "-omics" technologies in order to improve people's health, well-being, and knowledge. Using tools from genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics, and metabolomics, foodomics offers researchers new analytical approaches to solve a myriad of current challenges in food and nutrition science.
This book presents the fundamentals of foodomics, exploring the use of advanced mass spectrometry techniques in food science and nutrition in the post-genomic era. The first chapter of the book offers an overview of foodomics principles and applications. Next, the book covers:
- Modern instruments and methods of proteomics, including the study and characterization of food quality, antioxidant food supplements, and food allergens
- Advanced mass spectrometry-based methods to study transgenic foods and the microbial metabolome
- Mass spectrometry-based metabolomics in nutrition and health research
- Foodomics' impact on our current understanding of micronutrients (phenolic compounds and folates), optimal nutrition, and personalized nutrition and diet related diseases
- Principles and practices of lipidomics and green foodomics
- Use of chemometrics in mass spectrometry and foodomics
The final chapter of Foodomics explores the potential of systems biology approaches in food and nutrition research. All the chapters conclude with references to the primary literature, enabling readers to explore individual topics in greater depth.
With contributions from a team of leading pioneers in foodomics, this book enables students and professionals in food science and nutrition to take advantage of the latest tools to advance their research and open up new areas of food and nutrition investigation.
05 February 2013
John Wiley Sons