Nx Os And Cisco Nexus Switching( from 245 reviews )
AuthorKevin Corbin Ron Fuller David Jansen
Publication date10 June 2010
eBook includes PDF, ePub, Mobi, Tuebl and Kindle version
FREE registration for 1 month TRIAL Account. DOWNLOAD as many books as you like (Personal use). CANCEL the membership at ANY TIME if not satisfied. Join Over 150.000 Happy Readers.
All secure, we guaranted 100% privacy and your information is safe
Loading activity ...
Cisco® Nexus switches and the new NX-OS operating system are rapidly becoming the new de facto standards for data center distribution/aggregation layer networking. NX-OS builds on Cisco IOS to provide advanced features that will be increasingly crucial to efficient data center operations. NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching is the definitive guide to utilizing these powerful new capabilities in enterprise environments.
In this book, three Cisco consultants cover every facet of deploying, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting NX-OS in the data center. They review the key NX-OS enhancements for high availability, virtualization, In-Service Software Upgrades (ISSU), and security. In this book, you will discover support and configuration best practices for working with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols and networks, implementing multicasting, maximizing serviceability, providing consistent network and storage services, and much more.
The authors present multiple command-line interface (CLI) commands, screen captures, realistic configurations, and troubleshooting tips—all based on their extensive experience working with customers who have successfully deployed Nexus switches in their data centers.
- Learn how Cisco NX-OS builds on and differs from IOS
- Work with NX-OS user modes, management interfaces, and system files
- Configure Layer 2 networking: VLANs/private VLANs, STP, virtual port channels, and unidirectional link detection
- Configure Layer 3 EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRPs)
- Set up IP multicasting with PIM, IGMP, and MSDP
- Secure NX-OS with SSH, Cisco TrustSec, ACLs, port security, DHCP snooping, Dynamic ARP inspection, IP Source Guard, keychains, Traffic Storm Control, and more
- Build high availability networks using process modularity and restart, stateful switchover, nonstop forwarding, and in-service software upgrades
- Utilize NX-OS embedded serviceability, including Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN), Smart Call Home, Configuration Checkpoint/Rollback, and NetFlow
- Use the NX-OS Unified Fabric to simplify infrastructure and provide ubiquitous network and storage services
- Run NX-OS on Nexus 1000V server-based software switches
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Nx Os And Cisco Nexus Switching
Kevin Corbin Ron Fuller David Jansen
10 June 2010